In the morning before going for 11.30am Mass,
my sister had complained to Mum...
After Mum asked her whether she has had her breakfast.
And Mon replied:
"I don't know what to eat. There's NOTHING to eat."
Yes, she TOTALLY said that =.=;;
As though I'm directly responsible for not baking any breakfast for my family on Friday.
Now you know.
So after Mass, I decided...
It's going to be a
BAKESUNDAY!!!
BAKE
And guess what I was baking???
CARAMEL
CORNFLAKESSS!!
CORNFLAKESSS!!
TA-DAHHHH!!!
Oh yeah, they looked slightly burnt,
but they taste awesome!! :D
Oh yeah, I made just enough to pack two and a half jars.
Unfortunately, whilst I was still cooling down the cornflakes,
My family swooped in like a flock of hungry hawks on them.
So I had to distract them with the half jar so I can salvage the two full jars :'(
Sorry, half jar. You will be honoured for your courageous effort.
But looking at it,
no wonder my family turned greedy on them XD
Who could resist the strong caramel taste in these cornflakes??
The best part:
They were NOT sweet!! :D :D
Dig it in!
I know you want ittt!!
Yup, they all came in single bunches like that.
All of them were bite-sized.
Aw... am I making you hungry now??
PS. My hand is NOT food, understand?!
In daylight.
The truth: everyone in my family loves them
(fresh from the oven).
Mon commented:
It's crunchy and the taste of caramel is rich.
Not super sweet, (it's) really nice.
Awwww :')
Thin as a stick, but seriously is a good food critic.
Even my DOG loves them! o_O
I know she loves it, she has her eyes fixed on it~~
Yeah, just goes to show what a successful baking expedition it was!!
And added surplus:
I didn't follow the recipe closely this time.
I put everything in the pan and stirred until the caramel formed o.o
Then I took the whole thing out and stirred to cool before putting all the eggs in.
And finally the cornflakes.
Then bake as usual :D
Next time, (when I get my personal induction cooker repaired)
I'll use this method again! :D
Also for the cream puffs XD
Time to look for a new skin! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment