17 August 2011!
Today was the first day of the catechesis,
and to be honest, I had no idea what kind of session would take place.
So while waiting for the Catechesis to start,
we took pictures and watched for the streaming people to come in.
There were South Africans, people from Trinidad and Tobago... Jamaicans...
Americans, Australians... the like.
To tell you the truth,
I know that there were so many people from different countries that came that day,
but I can't remember who came on what day since we had three days of catechesis.
While waiting, we took pictures a little.

Tina and Bibiana...
lol.
Actually, I don't have many photos of the church... :/
We had an ice-breaker where we were asked to separate into our phone brands
then we we told to ask the second name of a person from another country.
I did literally what was asked.
After that, the emcee asked if there were anyonre who didn't know the first name
of the person we were acquainted to. Oops. DX
Then everyone was supposed to sit next to a South African.
Which I did, and I sat next to Sherman, who sat next to my sis.
We exchanged sourvenirs XD
He gave me a South African band while my sis gave him a Malaysian keychain.
So did the Myanmar girl that sat beside me. She also gave me a bracelet 8D
During the Catechesis, the bishop (he was talking about the then-recent conduct of
British youths who protested and cause public damage in Britain)
And how demoralizing it was.
He also talked about how important the family structure was; and how the Holy Family
was a really good example of how families should be.
Oh Lord, I was halfway asleep during that session D:
So that really is the best I could remember x.x
After that, the floor was open to the young people to asked questions which
would be answered by the bishop.
I didn't have any questions to ask, mainly cause I didn't have much of an opinion.
But the questions thrown to the bishop was just wow o.o
And the answers given by the bishop was also WOW! O.O
Like there was this question, about a young Catholic guy who said that he agreed
with the Catholic teaching, but he can't seem to agree with the Church's stand on gay rights on marriage.
So he asked if he could be still a Catholic.
The bishop said yes, he could... but the bishop also asked him to continue
searching for the truth to gay marriage.
There was such a thing called Gradual Acceptance to the Truth
(I forgot the real name to it, but that was basically what it was)
That in the end, if he continued to reflect and pray for it,
he would accept the Church's stand on gay marriage (or the truth behind it).
There were many other Q & A, but I've forgotten most of them :/
After that, the bishop celebrated the Mass, and I was... kinda shocked at how
the South Africans celebrated Mass :o
There were tons of dancing and birdcalling (I was told that was what the name was)
:o
And during the times when we would sing, the people would just recite it.
After Mass, we were free to do what we wanted.
So we went to look for lunch.
At the train station, we met Korean girls who dressed up in their Korean traditional clothes 8D
Photo, photo!! 8D
Look at the amount of people lining up to go somewhere! :o
This was basically what it looked like at every train station...
especially during peak hours.
We finally went to somewhere for lunch.
So while waiting for the waiter to take our order,
it's picture time 8D

Me trying to figure out where to go :o
There was an Asian Youth Gathering... but we didn't go there T-T
If we did, I'd have to split up with this tiny group, so I didn't go for it -.-;;
Anyways, they were going to the Love and Life Center, so I just followed them =/

Little sis happily posing with the Coke bottle.
And yesh, it is the original glass bottle with a bottle cap, peeps.
See that little red booklet on the table?
That contained our food vouchers.
Oh, I had salad and tortilla here...
And I forgot that I ordered something, and my dish and Tina's were mixed =.=;
D:
After lunch, we all (four of us) went to the Love and Life Center.
And I was pretty much... bored. Kinda.
Since I wasn't really interested in anything that they had *sigh*
They had a Vocation Cafe, but I got lost in the building trying to look for it :(
On the ground floor, there were musicians playing wonderful music 8D
God in beauty.
The four member group that attracted a small crowd :D
After that, we finally met Tina and she showed us where the Vocation Cafe was.
Apparantly, it was on a different vocation that I thought it would be.
Oh gosh, I was hopeless D: D:
Anyways, I met a priest from... USA
*he specifically told us where, but I forgot which area T-T

This is Father Jim.
(yes, I know. All the priests and nuns that I talked to had names that started with J o.o)
*Don't you think that it reminds you of Jesus? :o
haha XD
I finally remembered his name XD
Afterwards, we went to the basement, where there was a large booth set up.
Testimonies.
It was about life and conception.
About doing the right thing.
We each were given mp3s and used the tracks in accordance to the posters.
There were four stories.
Testimony One was about this Indian lady from New York.
I don't even remember her name :/
She was in a relationship with this guy and moved in with him.
Then she became pregnant. And you know what?
That guy had arguments with her and left her. He told her that he would only come back
after she aborted the baby. And she did.
She said she felt very guilty and it shattered her heart.
That guy came back, and lived with her again.
Months later, even on birth control pills, she became pregnant again.
That time, that guy left her and told her to call him after she aborted the baby.
She was pressured to abort; but she knew if she did, she would've...
idk, what's worse than dying a painful death?
She was so lonely and did not have anyone to help her.
And one day, she just went to a church in New York (where she lived)
got down on her knees and prayed.
And she felt comforted.
Her mother from India didn't help, she also wrote letters urging her to abort the child.
But she didn't give up.
Down in her weakest moments, even when she felt the great pressure telling her to abort the child,
she didn't give up. She prayed often and went to church often.
And after she gave birth, she kept the child and named her Grace.
The letters from India came happy, and soon her mother was sending her dresses and gifts for the
granddaughter.
Testimony Two was about this guy who was addicted to porn.
He was in the wrong circle of friends, and in the wrong group.
He was depressed, and every girl he went out with dumped him.
I think.
Until one day, he gave up pornography and decided to live a clean life.
He prayed that he would be able to have a good, wonderful wife,
and he also prayed for the girl that God would give him as a wife.
On the other side, this girl was in an abusive relationship.
She was kind of hurt and all, and after awhile, the guy she was with ended things with her.
She thought the worst had come, but it didn't.
Soon after, I think, she found herself in another abusive relationship.
And after that one ended, she found this guy who used to be a pornography addict.
And when he was with her, she was loved and treated with respect.
They had a steady and pure relationship.
Then they got married. Awww :D
Testimony Three was about this guy Ben (remembered his name cause he was cute :x)
*he was in the posters, so yeah :/
Who was in his teenage years when he was giving the testimony.
He was in love with a girl, Sara and then afterward, Sara became pregnant.
When Sara told him about it, his world rocked. He didn't know what to do.
All his friends told him that Sara should get an abortion, and afterwards, Sara would forget about it.
He was tempted to ask her to do it, but his conscience told him otherwise.
After reaching a decision, he told Sara that she should give birth,
and then they would give the baby up for adoption.
Then Sara cried tears of relief that Ben wasn't going to leave her alone in that.
And that was what they did.
Ben felt so relieved and knew in his heart that he finally found peace.
Peace which told him he did the right thing.
Testimony Four was about this couple...Sorry, rainbow colour XD
who were kinda old to have babies.
The wife got pregnant, but the doctors informed them that there would be so many complications
when she give birth that they advised her to give up the child.
She and her husband was troubled by this, but they decided to keep the child,
even if he would be a special kid.
Every time they visited the hospital for a check up for the wife,
the doctor would always ask if she wanted an abortion.
After she gave birth, the child had to be rushed for a heart surgery
and other things that was needed to keep him going.
Few years passed, and the wife is now happy that she kept Aiden.
He has got the biggest smile and all he knows is to love others.
He is basically the brightest in a room, and you can really see that he has pure joy in him.
At first, I didn't really understand what was going on.
My mind was in my bladder. Hoping I was able to keep it in until after it ended D:
At the very end, I realized what I just had been witnessing.
They were all stories about people who said "Yes" to life, even when all hope seemed lost.
They were all related to babies and having a pure relationship.
I was kind of touched, but I didn't cry... *even when they had provided tissues all around the exhibition.
When I went to relieve myself *phew*
Monica was talking to this nun, so she asked me to take her photo with her.
Which I did, and I asked for one in return 8D

She should've told me that my hat was in the way D:
*See how short I am T-T
Then we went out.
Here was what the Love and Life Center looked like:
It was a museum :/
Or not XD
The height of it :o
Curvy, and that was what made it stand apart from most buildings there XD
Random building shot XD
Can you guess what this is?
I think it's a bank... cause moneda meant money in Spaniah.

Priests praying at the street.
They were saying their afternoon prayer.
We left that place and went to another train station.
We went to O'Donnell to change to Goya station XD
Then we took another train to Retiro, to see the park.
BIG MISTAKE.
There were traffic police, all only allowing one way in and one way out.
So I wished I hadn't left the train station :/
We were supposed to go to another train station for a fiesta, but we didn't :/
Because we wanted to be early for the Flamenco Dance
(which was about the life of Jesus from birth til Crucifixion)
With tons of walking, we avoided the packed stations and went to a station with the least people.

One of the packed stations.
And then I prayed hard that there would not be so many people in the trains.
Well, my prayers were answered.
We made it to Principle Pio soon enough :D

We followed a group of people who were also heading to watch the Flamenco Dance.

Random shot of me trying to figure out the way.
Nice building :o
We were passing by this building.
There were two shots because I accidentally took one with flash.
And by accident, I caught a couple kissing (with flash) o.o
Uhm... so enjoy the non-kissing version, everyone :D
When we arrived, we were considered early.
We also sort of watched the sun set and we were waiting for the show to begin.
My bladder wasn't happy. Again D: D:
I actually hated the no toilets, not even in parks, cause then... *sigh*
oh well.
We didn't get a good place to sit, as we were kinda far and it was a little cramped :/
So 10 minutes into the dance, we left.
But it was interesting though.
I wished I was smart and stood leaning against the bushes;
Because there you would stand, but have the best view.
Mary, dancing.

So I took a picture.
Templo de Debod.
Nope, I don't know what this temple represented.
But the dance was held here.
Apparently, we did not have lunch so we decided to grab lunch on the way back to the train station.
We entered a few restaurants, but they all didn't not have food,
and in the end, we entered this Kebab place.
I was there at the counter, but I wasn't really at the queue.
In come another Caucasion, holding more than 20 tickets and stood at the queue.
Then she told the bartender, all Coke.
They were dishing out kebabs, and drinks.
I was thinking to myself, oh my gosh. I think I'm going to have the same incident repeated again today.
*(I didn't mention it, but there was one unfair waitress who judged based on skin colour.
That happened the day before and we Asians just left the shop that time.)
But instead he peeped *cause I was short xD* and took my tickets.
And just gave us the Kebabs and Coke 8D
I was so happy and thanked God silently XD
God is great! :D
Then we took the train station home.
That night was the latest we arrived home.
It was about 12 am then :/
Dinner at 12.15 am XD
And my host family's son was such a huge football fan XD
He was watching a football game between Real Madrid and another team.
He cursed when the other team scored and went happy when his team scored XD
He was even wearing the Real Madrid flag as a cape XD
And the kebab was HUGEEEEE!!
Bigger than two of my fists combined o.o
But I didn't care, I was so hungry! D:
Such is the life during WYD 8D
To continue, click World Youth Day #6












No comments:
Post a Comment