Yesterday (last night, more like), I was making sandwiches for my family's dinner.
Suddenly, my Mum told me "I love you."
So I replied, "I love you too, Mum."
(this was pretty common, since my Mum's primary love language is "Words of Affirmation")
-wonder how I know, and wanna know yours? Go here. :P
Don't worry, it's not dirty =/
And I was suddenly wondering, what does it mean to love my family? =/
How is that love expressed?
And when I was spreading butter, I thought to myself again.
I don't like butter. Maybe I should skip the butter for my sandwich.
Then a scene from Boys Over Flowers struck me.
The last part where Jun Pyo forgot about Jan Di, and told Yu Mi?
that he loved the lunchbox he found next to his bed (in the hospital).
He remembered the taste of the lunch box; but why did it taste good to him?
It was probably because Jan Di knew what Jun Pyo likes and dislikes
(maybe for me it would be *likes* enoki, nasi briyani, mutton curry, hotate, Japanese food,
and *dislikes* butter, bitter gourd, eggs, vegetables... in general)
That's why the lunch box tasted good for him.
And Jan Di would probably be able to make it that good for him
cause she knew what he preferences were.
And since she LOVED him, she would have made that lunchbox to suit his taste :o
So, loving someone probably means doing things that that person would enjoy,
while sacrificing a little bit on your expense, and not expecting anything in return.
Just a sudden train of thought that I figured I'd share XD
Oh, and another thing.
While having all this in mind, how does one apply it in loving God?
(I honestly had the answer last night, but I seemed to have forgotten it today =/ again! *argh* ;-;)
Besides spending more time with Him in prayer, doing good deeds, exercising self-control...?
Maybe it's the same, maybe not? *sigh*
I totally forgot! D:
No comments:
Post a Comment