Hihi!
You wanna know where I was today? xD
I was at the Leaders and Potential Leaders Meeting at SS15[?] from 3.20 p.m. to 6 p.m.
At first, they started out with a praise and worship session.
We sang 3 songs; I forgot which song.
The 2nd one I didn't know, so just try to "feel" the song from within.
After the 3rd song, OhMyGoodness.
The leader and 2 sisters started praising God in tongues.
IN TONGUES!!
I was, WAH!
But shocked, a little scared, but quite peaceful.
Shocked = never heard people speaking in tongues before.
Scared = I'm quite sinful okay? Of course if there are people speaking in tongues, then the Holy Spirit is in them. In other words, God was there. And I'm a sinful person x.x
Peaceful = I could almost imagine angels were with me [I had my eyes closed, didn't dare open them]
When they were quiet, I remember thinking;
"THAT'S THE GIFT OF TONGUES."
And I asked myself, if I had the gift, would I use it?
No. Honestly, I don't think I would.
It's something that's in God's hands. If he gives this gift, then good. If not, then it's alright.
I don't mind.
Also, we were treated to tea
[I took a lot of Char Siew Pau... the baked one].
It was yum~my!
Anyways, after that, we had a little discussion with the other members of the Assumption Youth Bible Group [AYBG].
What were the suggestions that could improve the sessions?
Was there anything that we'd like to keep?
Anything we wanted to introduce into the AYBG?
Hm... a few suggestions were thrown into the paper, but what struck me the most was not exactly deepening my knowledge of the Bible, but of reaching out to people who aren't as blessed as God has blessed me.
I felt like reaching out to those poor, marginalized people, the refugees [you think they're well off? They're not.], the people suffering from all sorts of downs that I had never experienced.
I want to learn about them, and how to help them.
Funny, ain't it?
Suddenly, physcology seems like the right course.
But I wanna do my English; to teach those who cannot afford education. Because they are not Malaysians.
Yes, there are people here like that. Forced to beg; as no one else want to take them in for jobs.
If the authorities find them, they are in big trouble.
Women are not spared. Young girls, younger than I am are not spared.
I felt that this was my calling.
Not sure though, but I know it has something to do with English.
Lord, it is in your hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment