Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Want A Laugh?

Okay, so I'm going to to this without!
any sort of <center> </center> stuff xD

Now, today's post is also for a movie review that I've watched...
sometime this month xD

Which was... Despicable Me.

source


It was LOL!!

Seriously, it was funny!
[Since I had no expectations, except that it was a "cinema movie",
and not some "cheap budget movie" with fake CGI and stuff.]

The minions were adorable!
[not that I would want any one of them, I think they'd be pretty annoying xD]

My sister and I were entertained x)
Mum's ony comment was;
"Aiyer! Why he [Gru] has a big head and tiny legs?"

Mum, it's cartoon -.-;;
lol!!

So... short sypnosis?

Spoiler Alert!!

Gru has a career, car, house and personality like no other people.
While everyone else is living a normal, day to day life...

He owns a rocket-like vehicle, carries a super-blast gun,
and lives in a crooked house [unlike his unsuspecting neighbours]...
which has an underground lab full of minions building his latest scheme.
He has a bad-assed "piranha-like fish... [it's supposed to be a dog, I think o.o]
And pops a balloon that he gives to a crying boy for fun.

That's right. He's job is a villain!
[No, he does not combat any sort of heros!]

So, anyways, with a recent discovery of a heist; which was stealing the pyramids,
Gru sets out to outdo the villain who did so.
He gets ambitious to steal the moon!
[Er... actually, it was his life long dream to impress his somewhat
emotionally distached mum awww DD:]

However, doing so required a large amount of funds,
so he takes a trip to the Bank of Evil.
Only to be told that it was impossible to withdraw anymore funds,
since Gru wasn't the best and had failed his chance to shine.

In fact, the Bank of Evil wanted a new breed of villains,
with young blood, passion, and hunger more a more malicious desire...
[like the one who managed to steal the pyramids... *hint* *hint*]
 
 
Vector. -.-;;

A dissappointed Gru decides to go ahead anyway,
and appeal later.

He flies off to Japan?/Korea?/China? and steals a
shrinking tool so that he would shrink the moon in order to steal it.

Along the way, Vector intercepts him, and steals the tool from him!

So Gru tries to get into Vector's high security house... and fails.
He notices that 3 [orphaned] girls selling cookies were able to enter his house, though,
so he sets out to adopt them in order to steal the Shrinker tool.

When he does, his heart slowly changes.
Like all movies, he does a terrible mistake,
and saves the day! Will he somehow have a complete change of heart?


Did I already say how much I loved this movie?? xD
Hadn't I? xD

Well, the graphics were pleasing to the eye,
the storyline was awesome!
[Absolutely no comments there !]
In fact, I liked the look on the game vendor's face when the 3 girls actually won the unicorn...
Sooo... cheat! o.o
And really; after Gru steps in, that was even LOL! x)

I also liked the part with the minions in it :D
Their laugh was so... hilarious!! *hahahahahahahaa*

It pays to not know what the movie's about, you know?
In fact, I wondered what it was about when I first heard it x)

Any bad sides to this?
Hm... it may not appeal to the more-logic driven people...
like Mum xD
Since heads in this movie are non-logically bigger than their feet,
which shouldn't be able to support them.

Pros:
Exciting, Funny, Adorable, Heartwarming to watch
Pleasing graphics.
Wicked humour.
Lovable characters.

Cons:
Maybe for the logic-oriented, I guess:
Body proportions are wrong [but it's a cartoon!!]
Too bad Gru didn't managed to achieve his dream.
Probably I'd love to see the villain gets his day sometime ;)

Rating:
★★★★★

P.S. After watching this movie, watch this!

LOL!!

No comments: