Friday, April 8, 2011

Proper Goodbye to Neopets =/

Okay, I somehow need to get this off my chest.

Like, seriously.

As you all know, it's Lent season.
Where we have to give up our personal desires for 40 days.

*Somehow* during this time, life doesn't get any easier than it should.
You know why?

Simply because...
I'm constantly reminded of Neopets.

Like, wow.
I can't believe I actually stopped Neopets...
Right after I learnt how to earn a ton of Neopoints =.=;;

There are so many things that I miss there.
Sorry, even if I'm like, 18 right now; I still like the site for 10 years old.

Yeah? So what?
Unlike you "matured" people out there who only seem like "adult" things are so much more fun =.=;;

Heck, even adults play that game and they become so successful!!

I know my [current] career was actually triggered by Neopets.
That was when I learnt how to edit codes.

Yeah, it was frustrating;
but I got around it and learnt the basics there...
so much so that I can now actually edit custom blogskins as well...
[with my knowledge expanding to Wordpress!!]

Good grief!
I missed those times where I'd played Key Quest with SR
and hoped that with every gold key I got,
I could get a rare paint brush.

And all the dailies...
ReStocking,
watching NeoStocks...

Heck, sometimes it seemed that 24 hours ain't enough to do all you wanna do.
There'd gotta be some things you might've missed out. D:

*sigh*
I really wish I could go back and play for a bit.
Maybe once a week or so.
Like, control myself before it got out of hand

So much that I can't play it anymore. For the rest of my life D:

But what to do?
God really did send me that dream.
Where I was opening Neopet's Times [the local newspaper there, lol]
and sitting with my back to the altar, whilst Mass was going on.

And somehow, I couldn't tear my eyes off the paper;
and I kept saying, "Just a bit more to finish."

Of course, I woke up before finishing.
Or I never got to finish. The dream had probably evolved from there.
Or something.

Whatever the case, it was either I quit Neopets there and then
[like Plurk & Restaurant City that time =.=;;]
OR! I might loose my relationship with God.

T_T
Stupid as it might sound,
I really do miss it. [2 years after quitting without notice]

Because I was waiting to get bored of it.
Yeah, right. How do you get bored of something routineous
if you suddenly discovered the best way to deal play with it?

And the results just repeats itself? You can't right?
Alright, it isn't really my biggest regret or anything,
since I don't have any BIG BIG BIG regrets.
[DON'T!! want 'em. D:]

Just, during this time I missed it more.
I think I quit 2 years ago. Yeah D:

And no, Restaurant City = hardly think of it -.-;;
Neopets is more... since I really did love it from the beginning.
And quit. And play. And quit. And play...
Even if I often played without many friends online at that time! lol! 

I guess it just boils down to one's preference.

So, Goodbye Neopets!
Though I really love you!
*since you're clean yet entertaining and all*
*sigh*


Oh well =/

No comments: