Heya peeps!!
Alrighty, so you know that Christmas is around the corner, and therefore, cookies must be made to fill the tummies of those hungry, poverty-stricken, rights-deprived human...
*slaps ownself*
WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I BRAMBLING ABOUT?!
Sorry, forget about what I said.
What I meant to say is... it's the Christmas Season is just around the corner!
And this would be the first Christmas that I actually participated in the baking part of Christmas!!
Or planned to participate, really.
That's what I've been telling all who asked me what I would be doing after SPM.
I said I'd bake on the 16th Dec, right after the exam.
Well, that stretched until... shall I say... the 20th Dec?
I mean, yeah, you all know I went out on the 17th... 18th, I was also out [somewhere] and also out on the 19th [I guess].
In any case, let's pretend that I started on the 20th. [Ouch.]
And Christmas Eve was 4 days more.
4 DAYS!!
[I managed it, though, with help from Heaven, so yeah xD]
First, I made the "Pops Cookies"
I think, this was the cookies that She-Reen was talking about.
You pop them into your mouth, and then they "melt".
Yummy!!
Oh, I know you can see the chocolate there.
While I was doing this, I asked my sis whast sort of icing I should put there.
I was thinking of "orange" icing [cause I knew how to do it]
But she said " chocolate"...
So I decided to melt some chocolate, add milk into the pan, let it warm up really warm...
then "drizzle" it over the cookies...
...individually.
If you want the recipe, make a request, I'll post it up here ASAP xD
Next, I'll show you about the Orange Cornflake cookies :9
[I like this one LOTS!!]
Okay, ignore the decoration.
I know, it came out really...
...valueless for physical beauty.
But hey, it's the inside that counts, right?
So in this case, it's the taste, am I right? :D
BTW, it was awesome!!
Before you get all gourmet on me, I'll let you feast your eyes on the beauty of the icing [if you really insist]... but only at the end of the post.
Anyways...
You know, as an elder sibling [or oldest, if I may say],
it WAS difficult to rope in some help from the other half. @.@
Even if she was going to eat some of your hardwork x.x
Still, after some bribing to help me cut the mold for the Orange Cookies,
she decided to go out all on her own.
What she did?
She made a guy and a girl out of the soft dough, and placed them in the oven with the rest of the cookies. I didn't object... until she realized that some parts were being cooked too fast, while the other, thicker parts were still uncooked.
She made me take the whole tray out, eventhough the other "important" cookies were still not ready... not even half-ready!! =.=
So I took them out, explained to her why the tray has to go back into the oven ._.
She finally relented e_e
Anyways, when it was done, and I finished icing, I called her and allowed her to do some icing as well.
C'me on!! A little icing wouldn't hurt anybody, would it?
Sis proudly showing of what she can ice xD
What is she doing?
I can't wait to see the end result!
Okay, these have failed me.
All because I could not relocate the electric mixer -.-
HONEST!!
This is what my first time icing skills look like xD
I know.
Pretty ugly D:
The ones not iced were considered burnt by me.
So they were not distributed.
Oh, I practice a good amount of Quality Control [QC] when I bake.
Testing out my photography skills.
I was pretty proud of my first time skills of icing, okay?
Sorry if it's horrible for your gourmet senses T_T
While we were looking around, sis finished her masterpiece...
or eat-a-piece...
whatever xD
Ta-daa!!
Girl on the left, guy on the right.
Guy gives the girl a flower.
Says sis...
"This guy is the two-timer idiot in my life... the girl is his possessive girlfriend."
*eyeroll*
So let me introduce to you my new "picture movie".
It's called,
"The Montrous Monica"
So now there's 3 parties.
Monica.
The guy.
The girl.
Monica eats the guy, out of rage and unhappiness, for the fact that he two-timed her.
And lied to her...
Saying that he had broken off with his girlfriend, but in reality, still holding on to her and can't decide who, exactly, is running/ruining his life.
xD
[This is fun.]
Aww... sudden realization breaks in, and she discovers that her boyfriend is no more.
She's alone!! D: D:
*inserts sad solo violin playing*
Meanwhile, Monica finishes eating the guy up.
"Oh, he was delicious!!" she exclaimed, "I wonder what the girlfriend will taste like?"
Instinctively, she picks the girl up, who was still upset at her loss...
...but accidentally broke of her leg.
Oh dear.
Now the screaming starts.
*inserts horrible, shrill screaming of a girl's voice*
*screaming contines*
Monica can't take it anymore.
She hates the screaming!!
So, she came up with a plan...
*bites*
[opps, wrong show xD]
I mean,
"This solves everything!"
The girl met her "lost" beloved in the belly of Monica, and Monica...
... loved the snack I gave her to make...
=.=;
The End.
lol.
Pretty good story-teller.
I hope you enjoyed it!! xD
Now feast your eyes on this;
Christmas-shaped cookies
See?
Now you can comment on my icing skills.
Aren't they beautiful?
Everytime I look at it, I can't stop "WAHH!!!"-ing.
xD
Stars-shaped cookies and Christmas-shaped cookies
Star-shaped cookies.
Look properly and you'll find something wrong.
Can't see it? Look again.
Seriously, look at it properly.
Still can't find the missing problem?
[I gave you a hint!]
Say what? You can't find it?
Well, of course you can't find it!
It's not there!!
The cookie on the left, second from top to bottom, is missing!!
DUH!!
xD
Last pic of the day!!
This was the last cookie when I only had a small ball of dough.
So I thought I'd do something special.
Nice to see, sweet to eat.
Too sweet, in fact. :P
Alrighty!
That's it for today! I shall come back with...
Another Baking Expedition! [Part II]
No comments:
Post a Comment