Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hiya!

What happened today? *phew* - long story!!

But, in any case, *gasp**gasp**gasp*!!!

The Japanese came to our school!!! WOAH?!

yeah, totally! I thought they would arrive a little later - but they were exactly on time!! WTHeck?!!

Anyways... flashback;
This morning, I was a little excited, cause I was able to see a Japanese in the flesh. How often do you get to witness something like this? Not all the time, right? Yeah, I know xD
However, my teacher [during the Assembly] killed my intention to attend this historic day... cause she announced that ALL cocuricular activities had been cancelled because we were having special guests [all the way from Japan!! woottt!!]

Okay, I was sort-of disappointed, a little. But decided not to think so much about that. Until the Moral teacher called SR and I and told us to handle a game... for the afternoon!! I was ballistic!! And it had to be conducted in English! WOOOOOTTTT!!

So, erm, it was a trivia game; consisting of a bakul, mosquito coil, lamps, kompang and labu. I was thinking that they would be able to guess the names pretty easily.

Come afternoon, when they arrived, the whole school was in chaos. I had no idea Japanese people had that kind of effect 0.0
Would it had been any different IF the English students [from England] came? I was thinking, even Britney Spears could not generate this kind of welcome [lack of discipline, as my friends called it.]

So, I was supposed to go first, but the Japanese sort of took over the stage and began their trivia.
They gave us something to eat and asked us what its name was called, then something to "make their face smaller", something to "wish for rainy weather", a toy, and one more thing. Then, they gave a performance and all sat down. 0.0

Next was my and SR's turn. Since I was the emcee, I spoke. The immediate reply?

SLOW DOWN!!

whoops!! Uh, okay. TO-DAY.WE.WILL.BE.PLAY-ING.A.GAME

xD
First up, kompang.

CAN.YOU.TELL.ME.THE.NAME.OF.THIS.I-TEM?
The most popular guy answered it. "ckom-pang-u"
That's correct!!

SR let him try it. He let loose as though playing a drum... and she swooned!! hahahaha~
Next, mosquito coil! okay, the super sporting Japanese girl came forward and spoke in Japanese... and we were @.@ what?
Me: Sorry, Engeriishu??
She: Oh, Engerishu? No, no!! *ran away*
Me: o.o

Finally, someone came forward with the Malay name. lolz~

Next, the bakul.
A guy came forward. He said "rice cooker"...
Me : Um, no. Try again xD
Him : ... *inspects it again, the chapherone came*
Chapherone : Bakul
Him : Ba-kul
Me : Correct! :D

Then, the lamp.
This one, SR got to go round to show them. She did, and Diviya's sister's partner came forward and laughed while answering... cause she probably could not really pronounce it rightly. Even I couldn't, really.
Chapherone : Vel-le-ke
Her : *giggles* Ve- Ve- *giggles*
Chapherone : Vel-le-ke *louder whisper*
Her : *giggles* Vel-ke
Chapherone : Vel-le-ke.
Her : *giggles* Vel-ne-ke
Teacher : Vel-ni-ke
Her : *giggles* Vel-ni-ke

Honestly, I just said 'correct'!! Cause I assumed that is what it's true name was xD
Lastly, the labu.

SR held it. Before I finished saying 'THE.NAME.OF.THIS.I-TEM' a loud voice came;

LA-BU!!

o.o
After we called her, she came forward and said, "La-bu!"
Correct! Waiii~ why the Japanese damn kawaii??

The principal gave them sweets [from principal] and prizes from the organizer of this game. ;D
Then, there was a little performance, and I was told to collect signatures from them =.=; for the school.
Went round xD

Then, took photo with some of them xD
SR took a photo with the one who stole her heart xD
I went around after that, seeing what they were all upto.
The batik session...

BUT YOU MUST PROMISE TO KEEP THIS A SECRET!! xD
SR's hottie took quite a while before he actually chose a colour to paint. The other two were nearly halfway done.
But the newer guy who came in [shorter than the hottie] started so fast!! I was mesmerized watching him batik-ing!! WAHLAO!!!
Like so pro!!

Just dip, dab, dip, dab, dip, dab!! And he even asked for green!! "Greento"
Feeling a little flushed xD
I was super, super, super amazed!! Like, WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! DAMN COOL!!

I left though, and came back again to see his masterpiece. Damn nice lar weii... then kena halau-ed by Principal xD

Went home. In October, 100 of them are coming!! Be prepared!!

No comments: